DUE TO HEAT, WE ARE GETTING OUT EARLY. TIME MOVED FROM 8AM TO 7AM 🙂 HAPPY HIKING
Let's hike to Eagle Rock! We will take Musch Trail gaining 921 feet in elevation and also gaining a lot of fun. Once at the top we will stop to enjoy a break at Eagle Rock for the view, photos, and relaxation before heading back down. About 15-minute break. On our return we will be taking the East Topanga Fireroad.
It can get warm so we want to beat the heat and start early. Meet outside the restrooms. Look for a blonde lady with a black and yellow day pack with an "A" on it that would be me 🙂
We'll wait a maximum 10 minutes before heading out.
- Loop hike
- 4.4 miles
- Approx time out 2.5 hours
- Rated moderate (know your limits please)
- This is part shade/part full sun
- Elevation gain 921 feet
- Parking lot fees are $10.00. There is an hourly fee which I believe is $3.00 but don't quote me. There is also free parking outside the park. Pay attention to signs if you park outside. Please if you park outside the park allow yourself plenty of time to walk to where we'll meet.
- What we recommend you bring: Water, a hat, sunscreen, and proper walking shoes for dirt trails.
- NO DOGS ALLOWED (We understand everyone loves Fito, but due to past issues no dogs are permitted in this park)
- Follow directions to the main park. Don't be fooled by other entrances. The main park has a ranger station upon entry. If you get tripped up, type in Trippet Ranch and you would do fine. 🙂
- Phone reception can be spotty
- *Be mindful of everyone's space. Covid is still with us.*
- For more information on the hike see Musch Trail